Monday, December 16, 2002

Happy Birthday to y... *smack*!!

We went to Olive Garden for Katherine's birthday Sunday. After about the 4th time we heard their little birthday song, Kat made me promise not to do that to her. We decided free cake wasn't worth the torture of another obnoxious birthday song. There were a lot of birthdays too. I would have the song memorized by now if I could have understood it. All I heard no matter how many times I listened was:

We *clap*clap*clap*clap*clap* day,
Something *clap*clap*clap*clap* Hey!
Something *clap*clap*clap*clap* say,
We something *clap*clap* something *clap* we *clap*clap* day!!!

Of course, what they lacked for in sincerity or enthusiasm, they made up for in volume, so that your ears rang for a few seconds as they raced out of the room without making eye contact with anyone at the table. I would boycott them, but they wouldn't realize why I was doing it and would just double the amount of addictive substance in their salad and breadsticks, which can only be the reason why Katherine loves that place so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home