Thursday, May 18, 2006

Catching up


So, you'd think with being done with school and all, that I'd have lots and lots of free time. And you'd be right. Well, relatively speaking anyway. But how we choose to spend our free time is an interesting thing. Most of Saturday, I fixed the power windows in the truck, and most of Sunday I fixed the power door lock since I already had it apart. They've been broken for a while now, which makes drive through windows kinda interesting.

Point being, a lot of stuff has gotten put off while I've been in school, and I've been playing catchup on most evenings. Kat still has a page long list for me:-) I'm also keeping an eye out for a career move, which takes some time as well. And to top it all off, we've gone out of town a couple of times. I've got some great pictures to share with you (well, I like them anyway), but I'm not sure how much to dump on you all at once. So yeah, I have free time, but that doesn't mean I'm not busy.


A couple of weeks ago, we had my graduation party, and the following day drove far too long to go to Table Mountain, in the foothills of the Sierra. It's known for its stunning wildflower displays, and the day was so nice it was hard to resist. Even the drive was gorgeous. Of course, we weren't the only ones thinking the same thing, and we ran into quite a lot of people. I think there were even a couple of festivals. But I enjoyed the hike, and got lots of nice wildflowers, even though the spring rains dampened the display a litte (go figure).


Last week, we went to Mt Shasta. I think I've talked about it before, but I'll recap. At over 14,000 feet, Shasta is already one of the tallest peaks in the US, but the relative lack of high mountains around it makes it even more stunning. Looking at a topographic map, it's almost as if the volcano sucked up all the other hills, as if someone picked up a crumpled bedsheet in the middle and straightened all the other wrinkles. The classic volcano dome dominates the skyline for hundreds of miles in nearly any direction.


While there, we visited 3 waterfalls near our camp, which were fast flowing and VERY cold, and we drove around some backroads until being turned back by snow. We drove the scenic route back home before again being turned back by snow in Lassen Volcanic National Park, but still enjoyed the drive.


Hope you enjoy the pictures!


1 Comments:

Blogger This Monday Morning said...

I liked the pictures!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home