Thursday, December 26, 2002

I got socks for Christmas

From 4 people no less. Mind you, this is my own fault. I put them on my Christmas list. And I actually like them very much, but I think it's a reminder that I'm getting old. As a kid, I would have hated such a gift. Christmas has definitely changed. I played Santa this year for our neighbor's kid. I even learned how to say "Are there any nice kids here?" in Norwegian for the part. Practiced all afternoon and drove Kat crazy. What can I say, I'm a method actor.

I also really missed being home this year. I like Katherine's family, but the drama was in overdrive this year. I didn't realize how much I missed being home until I called up and talked to everyone, and realized I was the only one missing.

I don't really have a good ending for this. Just sort of rambling thoughts about Christmas. Perhaps later I'll write more about our adventures with traditional Norwegian Christmas dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home