$380 on textbooks...for 2 classes!
Geez, I thought they were expensive when I was in college. And they're not even classes I really want to take. One book is over $100 and we're only reading a few chapters. Oh well. What can you do.
This weekend was fun. Relaxing. Didn't do a lot, but had a nice break. Saturday we saw Kat's family in Modesto. Sunday we vegged. Today, we picked a hike out of our "California Waterfalls" book, and tried out the new hiking stuff. The camera seems to have done well, and we also found a used hiking staff with a camera mount in the top, to steady slow aperture shots.
Below are some pics of our adventure.
Check in next Monday for more updates. I plan to update the blog every Monday, and most of the time Sunday night. There may be more than one post, or there may be nothing more than a check-in, but that's when it will be updated.

2 Comments:
I just had a student complain that she had to spend $10.00 for the MLA Handbook. Considering that she'll refer to this just about every time she writes a research paper, I just rolled my eyes and told her to buy the book. I'm not sure what is more aggravating, dealing with a student who won't invest in herself the ten dollars it will take to buy one of the most valuable books she'll ever own in her undergraduate years or losing the $380 dollars you spent on books you may never read. Something seems off in this situation don't you think?
Nice pictures! It's interesting that you are finding out all over again how expensive books can be for University classes. You should ask your wife how expensive some of our math and science texts were. :|
I don't think there was a single book that was less than $100 that we bought, except for english classes and such.
Post a Comment
<< Home