Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A busy week

Can't think of anything to write this week. I'm on my third draft now. I've written quite a bit actually. I started off noting that I've added archived posts from my original blog, but that ended up droning on about how crappy that year was. Then I posted about school and how busy I've been, but I ended up belly-aching about how crappy group projects are. And I know you guys don't want to come on here and hear a bitch session to brighten your day.

So I'll just note this. I remember when I was posting my original blog, I used to think I was so busy. And I was in some respects. I had a very long commute that sucked the life out of my day. Yet aside from that I could have done much more with my time, but I was torn in different directions about what to do. If I had a few hours, I could record music, practice instruments, read, build something with my woodworking equipment, or study for the GMAT. I could have taken interesting trips on the weekend, or bettered myself through education. I could have done a lot of things, but I never really did any of them all the way.

So now when I complain about being busy, I actually feel good about it. I studied for probably half the day yesterday. Not much by med school standards, but considering I'm half time, that's a fair amount. Sure, I'd rather play XBox, or pursue one of my hobbies, but at least now I'm DOING something.

So aside from the studying, we had a fair weekend. A couple of romantic dinners raided our wine rack. I've decided having a wine rack is dangerous (Randy, Katherine's dad, gave it to us). We already drank several of the bottles of wine we brought back from our Valentine's weekend. The problem is that I've no concept of what a special event is. I think of every nice dinner as a chance to have a special evening. In my defense, we did have a couple of very romantic dinners, but heaven help me if I ever buy a REALLY nice bottle of wine. I'll probably end up opening it on a Wednesday night and watching American Idol!

We also took a trip up Mt. Diablo, but the weather at the top of the mountain kept us from going for the hike we had hoped for. Here's a pic from the side of the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home