Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring?

Rain, rain, go away
Don’t ruin my weekend play
I know you chase the brown away
But leave me at least Saturday

With no chance to get the camera out this weekend, I’ll have to bring you a rerun from the archives. The highlights recently have been in the kitchen. I love food. I love cooking. I love eating! Finding a new dish that I love and want to make again gives me the same feeling as finding a song that I want to play over and over again. It’s like discovering a hiding place that only you know about, and it’s only better by sharing it with a friend. Last weekend was minestrone. This weekend was a nice new vegetable dish of black beans, corn, peppers and onion.

This pic is from last year’s spring hike on local Mt. Diablo, about a hour from here. On a clear day you can see farther in every direction than any place on earth except Africa’s Mt. Kilamanjaro. The hills turn brown for 9 months of the year, but it’s a beautiful lush green right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home