Galileo's Music Expedition: Stop 2
For the next destination on our journey, we'll find some fresher waters. I've got several artists I'm eager to introduce, so I guess I'll have to post more often. Today's artist is Kenna. I don't know a lot about this guy. I found him on iTunes through a video for the song Free Time, which is one of the best videos I've seen in ages. But the music speaks enough for itself.
Like many talented music groups, I find that I don't like a lot of what he does ironically, but I appreciate the skill behind the music. Other groups like Dave Matthews, Elton John, and Smashing Pumpkins are kind of like that. Some of their songs are among my favorite, and the rest I can just do without.
The one that stands out right away is "Free Time." After listening to that I tried out "Sunday After You," "Hell Bent" and "New Sacred Cow." He's very creative with rythm and he creates sounds and experiments with instrumentation in a way that few bands have done since the dawn of synthesizers in 80's music.
Right click and "Save As" for best results. And be sure to buy it for a buck if you like it.
Free Time
Sunday After You

2 Comments:
I've started collecting your pictures for my desktop screensaver. They are really beautiful.
Wasn't that Kenna video the one with the grey clay-mation characters that purchase the "happiness goggles"? I think I saw it on one of the MTV channels that showed actual music videos. Very cool video! I remember liking the video but had forgotten how good the song was. I think I'll add this song to the growing list of music I want to purchase.
Post a Comment
<< Home