House warming
What a fun weekend. Saturday we had a housewarming party, and it was both exhausting and exciting at the same time. It was so nice to see many of our friends, even if we couldn't really spend meaningful time with any one of them. It went really well though, and we got lots of compliments on the house. Kat worked really hard to make it look nice.
She got really stressed last week. I'm hoping now that this pressure is off, she'll be a little stressed, but I don't know. She's had a lot to deal with, and this was just the start. She's got several presentations and speeches to prepare, each of which is a pretty big deal on its own, but she's got them all at once. Plus, there's a lot of pressure to get some results in the lab, but all the other stuff is making it harder to spend time doing experiments. Anyway, hopefully now that the move is largely done, this will help alleviate some of that pressure.
But it felt really great to take pictures again. I haven't gotten my nice camera out since we moved. I was a bit worried that this would become one of my hobbies where I spend lots of money getting the gear and such, and am intensely into it, but then I just lose interest and never do anything with it. But Sunday confirmed that I really enjoy this, at least for now. If I ever do lose interest, it will be just because it's becoming so common. It seems like everyone is doing it, and I get a bit jealous of other photographers, especially when they're better than me! But as long as that competitiveness doesn't overtake my creative urge, I think I'll always enjoy it.
Groups of pelicans came along every couple of minutes and fished in packs, gliding inches from the surface of the water in front of the wave, and flying up whenever the surf would splash, then going back down for more. I thought they made interesting arcs following each other.

3 Comments:
oooh, I love the pelican pictures!
wait a minute, I think that's the same beach I posted about awhile back - is it Limantour?
Yeah, it is Limantour - the "dog" side of the beach.
Post a Comment
<< Home