Okay okay...
Kat tells me if I don't start posting on my blog more than nobody will read it. Ha! The joke is on her. Nobody already reads my blog! Still, I have to do better. The main reason that I haven't posted more is that these are supposed to be postcards. It's kinda hard to have a postcard without a picture. And I haven't been taking any pictures. I've been working. Classes have been fairly demanding this year, my new job takes a bit more time, my commute is longer, and of course there's that minute detail of moving. Of course, I must admit, I've been watching TV a bit more lately. I've really gotten into Lost, so I try to watch that, and we usually watch that new show Commander in Chief, at least until I get tired of it.
And of course, it's not just moving that's hard. This house has needed a lot of work. This weekend, we finally got the garage organized. When we moved in, the boxes were packed all the way to the ceiling and you could barely close the garage door. Now, the boxes are stacked to the ceiling and you can barely close the garage door, but there is a very distinct aisle down the middle:-) Really though, I'm pretty happy with it. I even have one of those pegboards to organize my tools. Now the challenge is to actually return my tools to where they belong. I still remember my Dad's pegboard. He spraypainted an outline of every tool to show where it went, which was quite handy when you were trying to find where a tool was supposed to be. Eventually there were no tools, just outlines. It was like some kind of modern art project. I think maybe I'll do that. I'll submit it to a local modern art museum, complete with a pile of scattered tools on the floor. It can't be worse than any of the other modern art we've seen. Last year, we went to the SF MOMA, and... no wait, that rants too long for this post. I'll get back to it later.
So, I'll try to get some pics for you soon so I can update more often. Next weekend, we're having a house warming party, which sounds good, but in actual translation means we'll be cleaning for a week straight. In 3 weeks, I'm going with Kat to Tahoe for her department conference. I often go to these and attend about about two or three presentation sessions and a poster session, and goof off the rest of the time. This time, if the opportunity arises, I'll probably skip all the science stuff and try to find a unique photograph in the second most photographed place in the Sierra (after Yosemite). Heck, I'd probably be okay with a cliche photo if it was really good. So that's something to look forward to. In the meantime, maybe I can get you a pic of my garage, or my wood chipper. I know you guys are just itching to get my new series of photos on your wall of my wood chipper, rototiller and lawn mower. I call it "Outdoor Power Tools in Black and White." Wait, don't get me started on modern art again.
In the meantime, here's a pic of San Francisco's famous fog.

2 Comments:
that's not fog! you cheated!
also, we want to bring something to the party. let us know what would be helpful
Go figure, no one reads mine either!
Now that you are a rich man, living in the bay area in a house, how does it feel? ;P
I have been seriously slacking lately, watching TV, playing games, you name it.
I went from being hyper-motivated to a complete and total lack of motivation.
I'll have to give you a call and talk about it.
Until then, have a good one.
Post a Comment
<< Home