Alright, I gotta post somethin...

Back when I started this blog, I promised once a week updates. Guess I let that slip a little bit since the start of this year. So I am renewing my vow for once a week updates, even if they're boring and pointless, unlike my interesting and though provoking posts currently. Stop snickering.So in the new tradition, I give you the news. Absolutely nothing has happened. I'm not busy. I'm not doing anything. I suck really. Usually when I don't have an update, it's because I don't have a photo for the postcard. Kinda the same thing now, only there's no urgent news to get me motivated enough to prep one for posting.
About the only thing I've been doing lately is trying to organize my photos. When a friend visited and I tried to show all my favorites, I realized that they're incredibly unorganized and this was already getting out of hand, and doomed to get worse quickly. I've pressed the shutter on my camera over 5,000 times now (not including the point and shoot), and I have over 100 gigs of photos from the last two years. So I've been looking at photo organization software. Naturally the only one I like so far is a Beta version yet to be released or even priced yet. And because of flaws I've been unable to output the recent pictures I've taken. A less lazy person would just revert to old methods, but as I said, I've not got much to motivate me.
Additionally, I signed up for an online service to display and sell my photos. I've got a friends and family rate that basically allows me to break even after my payment processing and printing costs. But I'm still setting that up, and am in the planning stages for some other stuff. I'm trying to set up a home server and network, build a web page, and look into wedding or food photography to do on the side so I can finance this little (ha!) hobby of mine.But really, I haven't been doing a lot at all. I'm probably less busy than at any time since I married Kat, and often our nights consist of dinner and a Netflix movie. When I stopped school, I figured I'd put all that productive time into my hobbies. Of course, in reality I had to drag myself away from my other activities to be that productive, and predictably, I've failed. I think I'm also hesitant to find a new groove when so much is in the air. I'm still looking for a career move and of course there's no telling what will happen when Kat finishes, or when we can expect an addition to the family. And of course all of these changes and decision have us thinking a lot about what we want from life, where we've been and where we're going.
In the meantime, I do have a few new pictures that I'm quite happy with, but I'm too lazy to share them, so here's a couple more from recent trips. See you next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home