Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm back!


Wow, no posts since January. This hasn't happened since...well, the last time this happened. It started out innocently enough. I didn't post because I didn't have anything to talk about. The whole purpose of this blog was to share my California adventure with friends and family. Since moving out here, we've done so many neat things. It often seemed nearly evey weekend we were off on some adventure. So I created Postcards from the other side of the hill - you know, the rockies...not to be confused with OVER the hill! That's still (hopefully) a little ways off.

But last summer we got tight on money and stopped taking trips. No trips, no pictures. No pictures, no postcards. And also nothing to talk about. Then Katherine got pregnant...and sick. Really sick, all the time. For 5 months. She didn't even want to go for a walk, much less an adventure. So aside from the occasional picture of the city from the dog park, again, no pictures and no adventures to share. Of course, after 5 months, it became winter, and Kat became big. It became clear that our adventures were on hiatus for a while.

But then came the real reason I stopped posting. Job stuff. That's all I really care to say. If you want to know more, then call me. But it was dominating my thinking and my life, and I didn't feel like I could talk about it online and still can't. Well, things are much better now. I've got a great new job and we've moved out of the Bay Area to the California Central Coast area.

It's a shame I didn't feel like posting really, but rest assured I'm back to stay, and you can expect posts regularly now, especially considering there's that small, tiny detail of becoming a daddy any day now. I wonder if that will change things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home