Tuesday, August 07, 2007

100!

I just realized as I logged in that this is my 100th post. Don't worry, I haven't ruined any meaningful or even interesting posts by making my post about 100. I figured I'd just log in a keep typing. Gotta keep updating or my 3 readers (if you count me and Kat) will lose interest.

I've been trying to think of something non-baby related to talk about, but it's useless. All I can think to write about is Carson is doing this or that now. That's my life now I guess. Maybe someday I'll look back on these posts as a record of my life. I suppose it will reflect it in one way or another.

It's interesting to look at different people's blogs and see how different they are. I often meander on about some insight or observation and try to draw meaning from it. Kat's blog is more like a letter to friends, recounting the current events and how she's dealing with them. Ruth seems to combine the two a bit, weaving stories that start in daily routine and often expand to deeper insights.

I wonder what this says about our personalities. For me, I think this blog is really a window into my mind, or at least my brain. My thoughts tend to meander without direction like an odd dream that leaves you wondering how you could every imagine such things if you tried. I'm a daydreamer too, and with enough time alone I usually end up pondering deeper questions that normal people don't feel comfortable talking about in front of others. I know I'm not usually comfortable debating such things, but maybe I've just known too many flakes that think existence exists to solve existential questions. Still, all of that nonsense spills out on the page here.

Maybe in 50 years I won't have an account of my daily activities, but a stranger should be able to pick up what was important in my life. And in its place maybe there will be a map of my mind and heart throughout my life. The question is, will I look back and see a foolish or naive young man, or an intelligent man figuring things out as they come to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home